|Job Ref:||CA_39590||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Northwood||Address:||Post Code:||SY12||Post Date:||13/10/2016 01:05|
Purpose of Role
The M&E Multi Skilled Day Shift Engineer (Electrical & Building Services Bias) will be responsible for the safe operation, maintenance and repair of the site electrical/ mechanical/ building services plant & equipment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance of at least SC level.
• Day shift work in support of critical engineering environment.
• Perform planned preventative maintenance, statutory compliance tasks and reactive works investigations/repairs on mechanical, electrical & building services systems.
• Service, test, diagnose and repair process control systems and automatic control devices related to the building services plant and equipment.
• Liaise / assist with other services as necessary for the efficient delivery of work activities, workmanship and productivity to comply with the performance standards.
• Where required undertake and implement minor capital works projects.
• Use provided test and monitoring equipment for the purpose of maintaining engineering system operational performance and to aid fault diagnostics and repair.
• Interrogate and adjust systems to maintain correct operation of plant and equipment.
• Carry out electrical, mechanical and system checks associated with maintaining a compliant environment in the relevant areas in accordance with current legislation.
• Carry out Skilled Person duties as required for the engineering services on site in compliance with JSP375 Volume 3 as applicable, including preparation of installations for others.
• Implement & comply with the procedures as detailed in the companies IMS, Health & Safety Policies and Statutory obligations.
• Undertake any other tasks that may arise from time to time as required and directed by Line Manager/ Supervisor.
Additional Role Information
M&E Multi Skilled Day Shift Engineer - Electrical & Building Services Bias
Additional Role Information:
Basic hours are 42 per week but the person will be required to comply with the site shift pattern which for these posts will be Mon - Friday (days) but they will be required to work mandatory overtime when requested to cover for shift absences due to leave, sickness and training during evenings and weekends. This will be notified as and when required by the line manager to meet the site and contract requirements.
Key Performance Indicators:
Compliance with service level agreements and contract KPI's
Response times are met and work completed to the highest standards
All records and documentation up-to-date, complete and accurate
Compliance with Audits and statutory legislation
Experience, Qualifications and Training
NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent (including recognised apprenticeship) with an electrical or mechanical bias
Where no formal qualification is held then 10 years experience in lieu of training may be acceptable subject to satisfactory skills assessment
5 years experience in a similar role on a MOD site or critical engineering environment
Working knowledge of other building services and trades
Excellent team working and problem solving capabilities
EngTech registered with the Engineering Council
Over 5+ years experience of engineering services maintenance
Experience of complex electrical installations including UPS and generators
Experience of large complex mechanical ventilation systems
Experience of BMS installations
Experience of large scale refrigeration plant and equipment
Work experience in a MOD environment and compliance with MOD Safe Systems of Work (JSP375, Vol 3)
Experience of working to Critical Engineering Risk Management protocols
Excellent communication and customer care skill