|Job Ref:||204194625||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Post Date:||13/10/2016 02:08|
£Excellent DOE, Holiday, Pension, Healthcare and much more.
Our client is looking for a skilled and experienced Automation Engineer with broad knowledge of PLC and Control systems driving electro-mechanical equipment. You will join them as an expert and help during the design, development and roll out of new systems and process improvements.
This is an expansive role and will be quite autonomous taking on new responsibilities and tasks such as feeding back ideas to R&D teams, managing technical suppliers of new equipment, facilitating RCA and continuous improvement, project managing activities across the business. The role will be based from Hertfordshire but will require frequent travel to sites which may grow to include international customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing controls during design phases to ensure best practice and "design for maintainability"
• Managing technical issues within your expertise and with suppliers of equipment
• Ensuring H&S compliance of designs and improvement
• Delivering training on sites to engineering maintenance teams
• Feedback new ideas to relevant R&D areas
Your skills and knowledge should include a good mix of:
• High levels of competence in PLC and Control System development and programming
• Qualifications and education relevant to the role
• LEAN understanding would be beneficial
• Flexible on working location is important
• Good organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously
• Good analytical skills and with an eye for detail
• Experience gained in automated environments containing complex control driven equipment
• Experience of manufacturing or production engineering may be relevant
• Excellent all-round PC skills and literacy