|Job Ref:||204400359||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Staffordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WS7||Post Date:||13/10/2016 02:09|
Electrical Design Engineer|
Status: Permanent or Contract
Location: North West area
Salary Negotiable ( please call to discuss) Depends on level of experience so wide band.
Our client is a leading advanced automation and systems integrator specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions to major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
They are also well known for excellent career development opportunities and interesting work.
It would suit a graduate plus 2-3 years work experience looking for development.
Summary of Role:
This role is to design hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels and primarily focused on PLC's and safety relay logic. The work is mostly within the nuclear industry and therefore candidates must be able to achieve security clearance to at least SC level, and possibly DV. or if contract have SC clearance in place which can be transferred. The work will involve travel and short periods (a few days) of working at the client sites in the UK.
• It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact is likely as is interaction with other team members
• Ideally qualified to degree level in a relevant subject but potentially HND / HNC with sufficient industrial experience 4-6 years +.
• Working knowledge of Autocad -Electrical
• Knowledge of designing electrical control panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), safety relays & LV modular distribution systems incorporating fuses & MCB's
• Working knowledge of EC&I
• Able to Develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
• Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regs
Please call Simon to discuss