|Job Ref:||204648574||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Heaton Norris||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 02:15|
Who are we?|
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK across the renewable energy, conventional power generation and waste sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators.
In the UK Fichtner employ over 100 people and operate from the centre of Stockport, Greater Manchester.
We are looking for;
We are looking for a fully qualified civil or structural engineer to be responsible for the design review and project engineering for various power, process, industrial and infrastructure projects, with the ability to work independently or as part of our wider engineering team. You will liaise directly with our clients, contractors, operators and suppliers as necessary, undertaking both office and site based work. You will be proactive, able to challenge the status quo as necessary and be looking for a role that will test your skills and abilities.
We are looking for:
• a good degree in a Civil or Structural Engineering discipline;
• currently holding, or actively working towards ICE or IStructE professional membership;
• some experience, post qualification, of the undertaking of civil/structural calculations and designs for a variety of different installations;
• project engineering experience gained from the construction of power, process or industrial installations would be of interest;
• the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, design specifications and functional descriptions;
• experience of foundation piling and steelwork design, environmental issues, building codes, inspections, quality controls and geotechnical studies;
• ability to work to timescales and budgets;
• experience in the development and review of specifications;
• the ability to identify potential technical design or installation risks;
• working knowledge of the CDM Regulations and the requirements for design risk assessments;
• professional communication skills, including IT, verbal and written;
• able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
• an engaging, professional and proactive personality;
• full driving licence; and
• the ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and overseas as required;
What we offer:
A market leading package including excellent basic salary, 25 day's annual leave, a car allowance, contributory pension, private medical scheme, life assurance, company bonus scheme, significant training and development programme, laptop PC and smartphone