Manage moderately to highly complex power generation system orders/projects to assure technical compliance and on time delivery to meet customer requirements while maintaining financial goals and executing all tasks in a customer-focused manner.|
*Work location within region is flexible*
- Direct internal and vendor resources to assure customer commitments and financial goals are met
- Maintain close contact with sales, internal resources, vendors and customers, act as single point of communications to assure all are aware of the project status
- Advise customer and sales force of technical options and implementation strategies that will best suit project requirements
- Collaborate with factory, customer, and vendor engineers to assure technically correct and durable installation
- Release material and manage logistics
- Interact with internal contacts to assure purchasing, engineering and invoicing activities are accurately executed
- Up to 10% travel in the field to job sites, customer or vendor locations, etc.
- Utilize Business Management System (BMS) to create project work orders and purchase orders as well as track project financially
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain a mature, problem-solving attitude while managing interpersonal conflicts, customer rejection, some customer hostility
- Extremely high-level interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, must be able to clearly demonstrate professional attitude and mannerisms under all circumstances, must be a good listener
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, positive follow-through approach, read and interpret customer written or verbal communications and document activities
- Interpret verbal and non-verbal behavior to develop accurate perception and understanding of customer needs, values and opinions; be sensitive and aware of customer differences and conflicts
- Must be customer-led in all market segments and work environments
- Pleasant and cooperative attitude with coworkers; must work within a team environment designed to support end customer needs and expectations
- A 2-year Technical or Business degree with a minimum 5 years of industry experience preferred
- Ideal candidate may come from construction management background, large electrical or mechanical contractor organization, HVAC systems contractor, building maintenance/building automation systems, telecom engineering, etc.
- Background experience in electrical power industry and/or power generation systems a plus
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent listening skills and telephone etiquette
- Experience with all standard office equipment: printers, copiers, fax, etc.