|Job Ref:||204777471||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Chelmsford||Address:||Post Code:||CM2||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:18|
Pick Everard is a leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practice working within the property, infrastructure and construction industry. We are justifiably proud of our reputation for innovation and service and for being a great place to work.|
We are currently expanding our operations and are looking to appoint a Senior Project Manager with construction consultancy background to be based in Chelmsford.
The broad range of disciplines we provide is representative of the multi-professional business that we are. At Pick Everard you work in partnership with other disciplines, giving you the opportunity to collaborate and build close working relationships with architects, engineers, surveyors, consultants and specialists from across the built environment.
We value and promote a positive work-life balance, and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
About the role
You will be responsible to undertake all duties necessary to lead project teams and ensure delivery of the project objectives, working on various public sector schemes (new build and refurbishment) across Essex, Suffolk and Hertfordshire .
Key skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role with a construction consultancy, either as a Project Manager or Building Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor
- Experience in public sector projects, preferably education
- Knowledge of building technology and construction principles
- A good understanding of forms of building contract (including JCT and NEC3) and experience of contract administration
- Ability to control day to day programming and planning, monitor progress and expenditure of projects
- Excellent communication and client facing skills, combined with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Degree level qualification
- Membership of a construction related professional body, such as RICS or CIOB - desirable
- Project management related qualification (Prince2 or similar) - desirable
Our Employee benefits
You will receive a competitive basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, as well as:
- Stakeholder pension (3-6%)
- Life assurance
- 26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + opportunity to purchase up to 5 more days of leave
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Recommend a Friend scheme that rewards you for every successful staff introduction you make
If you are interested in Senior Project Manager role in Chelmsford please apply below with your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current remuneration or salary expectations