|Job Ref:||204777686||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£60000 - £65000/annum Car & Excellent Package||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:18|
Senior Quantity Surveyor|
£60k - 65k + Car & Excellent package
This is a brilliant opportunity to join one of the region's most successful contractors. They currently have numerous on-going projects located across the country with values ranging from £5-25m. They specialise in large hotel developments and have now started to venture into the world of high spec residential developments where they have seen great success. This company has seen huge growth in the last 18 months having successfully negotiated a series of contracts and are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to assist with managing the commercial side of the business. The successful candidate would be based in their Shropshire office, making occasional trips to different sites across the country.
As Quantity Surveyor you should have experience of D&B contracts with values in excess of £5m. The ideal Senior Quantity Surveyor will remain keen to be part of an ever-growing commercial team; a team that encourages a hands-on approach and allows you to directly influence the direction of projects, which ultimately determines how profitable they are.
The successful candidate will have the following traits:
* Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
* Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
* Teamwork & Collaboration: Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
* Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
* Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change.
* Contract Experience: Has worked extensively on various forms of contract namely JCT D&B and traditional
The ideal candidate will have an excellent attention to detail and the confidence to deal with sub-contractors first-hand. Commercial awareness is an absolute must, alongside the ability to make the company as profitable as possible.
Our client is prepared to offer a competitive salary to the successful Quantity Surveyor alongside a generous car allowance/car package and full benefits.
Contact / (Apply online only)