|Job Ref:||204779504||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Watford||Address:||Post Code:||NN6||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:19|
Materials Controller - Top Residential Developer |
Perm up to £28k PLUS Travel or Car Allowance
One of the Top Residential Developers is on the lookout for a Material Controller to join one of their new developments. You will be responsible for communication with all parties to ensure materials are expedited in a timely manner.
My client is looking for someone who has an extensive knowledge about materials, site experience and keen to progress and develop their way up.
* Prepare detailed materials procurement programmes and schedules, monitor and update.
* Carry out stock controls to forecast materials requirements and/or deficiency in a timely manner.
* Thoroughly check buyer take offs and order quantity, quality and size against the contract drawings to ensure no discrepancies in material requirements.
* Prepare or assist Site Manager to prepare material deliveries schedules in accordance with Construction Programme.
* Distributes materials on site to Sub-contractors in accordance with terms and conditions of their sub-contractors.
* Ensure all materials are stored and protected in accordance with current best practice to minimise damage or deformation.
* Motivate supporting department's staff and third parties to best deliver their contribution to the project.
* Carry out stock control checks in accordance with materials control procedures.
* Ensures quality and quantity of materials delivered in accordance with delivery tickets and or orders.
* Co-ordinate with the Commercial Department, Surveyors and Buyers to ensure specific requirements are included prior to material orders being placed. For example protection and delivery size, see Construction Procedures.
Key Skills / Requirements
* Essential to have a CSCS card
* Strong communication skills, able to communicate at all levels
* Strong organisation & coordinating skills
This is a great opportunity to gain construction experience and be part of a company that offers a great training and development programme