|Job Ref:||204779560||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wales||Address:||Post Code:||CF3||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:19|
My client is looking to add an Environmental Clerk of Works to their team for a project in the North of Wales. The role will initially be based in the office located on the Wirral, then moving out to site in after 6 months. The main purpose of the role is to support engineering and construction team to deliver and monitor the compliance on the project in question. This will involve OHL, Substation and Cable Connections. The CoW will be continuously improving the Environmental Management System in order to maintain 14001 accreditation. |
The ECoW will be an auditor of compliance with the various ecological mitigation measures and Management Plans associated with the project. They will:
* Maintain a regular presence at the site, particularly at ground-breaking stages and during ecologically-sensitive times of the year;
* Undertake independent monitoring of compliance with legislation and environmental
* protective measures throughout the duration of the works;
* Undertake regular reporting of compliance to IEC and SPEN and relevant regulators in an agreed format;
* Undertake on-going protected species surveys; and
* Provide on-going advice in relation to species licencing and ad-hoc mitigation.
* Coordinate ecological and environmental contractors
* Experience of environmental management including working knowledge of construction business.
* Experience of environmental management including working knowledge of ISO 14001 ideally within construction business.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
* Experience in technical construction works
* Experience in construction project consenting (planning consents, wayleaves etc)
* Strong influencing and consulting/communication skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience of collaboration with suppliers or contractors.
* Proven experience of working with a portfolio of projects
* Ability to work as part of a team