|Job Ref:||204779577||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£27000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:19|
Maintenance Assistant - £27,000 - £30,000 - Tottenham Court Road|
To carry out works required to repair, maintain and improve the buildings and facilities within the designated areas in order to provide an excellent customer experience at all times.
Repairs & Maintenance
• Carry out visual checks on areas of the buildings as required.
• Carry our regular tests, for example, to water system, HVAC systems, Fire systems etc. and complete/maintain accurate records as required.
• Conducting weekly fire alarm tests and maintaining accurate records.
• Carry out adhoc maintenance helpdesk tasks as requested.
• Maintain and repair office furniture.
• Perform a variety of routine physical labour tasks, including but not limited to, pulling weeds, planting foliage and moving of deliveries, stock and paper to respective parts of the building as requested.
• Ensure that daily and weekly cleaning of plant room and workshop areas is completed as required.
• Ensure all maintenance machinery and tools are kept in safe working order and reporting any damaged items as required.
• Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
• Performs preliminary work for maintenance activities, including gathering equipment, materials and supplies, loading and unloading materials, laying out materials and equipment for projects.
• Assist with the planning, preparation and implementation of office moves.
• Sets up facilities for meetings and events; provide information regarding facilities for users, staff and visitors.
• Maintain stock levels of maintenance materials, reporting shortfalls and placing order for stock.
• Coordinate and supervise external contractors as required.
• General maintenance and up keep of the building including painting & decorating, carpentry, plumbing, replacing lamps, carrying out minor electrical repairs and other reasonable requests.
• General administrational duties including but not limited to, answering telephones, receiving deliveries and stocking supplies, placing orders and upkeep of H&S/Statutory records.
• Conduct yourself in a professional, polite and friendly manner.
• Provide a responsive, helpful and good quality service to internal customers (colleagues)
• Ensure work is carried out safely, efficiently and with minimum disruption to staff, guests and members of the public.
Health & Safety
• Ensure that you familiarise yourself with and follow all safety rules and procedures in place.
• Ensure you understand all COSHH regulations, use only company supplied chemicals and cleaning materials as instructed and the use of protective clothing and equipment.
• Report all potential accidents and make sure that any accidents are recorded in the accident book.
• Fulfil your duty to take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions at work.
• Ensure that you understand the company fire procedures and conduct health and safety site inductions for contractors.
Experience and skills required:
• Experience working as an Electrician's mate
• City & Guilds 2382 17 Edition Certificate advantageous (ideally)
• Basic plumbing and carpentry experience
• Experience carrying out minor repairs, plastering, painting and decorating
• The ability to use a range of hand and power tools
• Knowledge of Health and Safety standards
• Flexible and adaptable to new challenges and requirements. Positive, can-do attitude
• Uses initiative, able to work unsupervised and attentive to detail
• Good communicator and able to build relationships with other departments/colleagues