|Job Ref:||204784237||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£25000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:19|
BRC are currently working with a leading Building Consultancy in Bristol who are looking to take on a CAD Technician on a permanent basis. |
In this role you will work closely with the Design Team whilst assisting departments within the firm (Structural etc). You will be involved in the preparation of drawings across a range of areas and projects as well as developing and expanding your existing technical knowledge and experience to successfully assist in the design and completion of projects on site.
Applicants need to be able to demonstrate understanding and relative experience of the building design process using AutoCAD and hand sketches where appropriate.
The ability to integrate into existing teams and procedural structures is desirable. The successful candidate should be able to assist with taking a project from inception to completion including the following
- Preparation of CAD drawings for client review
- Development of detailed design solutions through use of CAD to produce drawing packages suitable for Planning, Warrant, Tender and Construction phases.
- Demonstrate understanding and ability in detailing buildings for tender and construction purposes.
- Work within tight timescales to ensure delivery of the project within the agreed building programme.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Solid theoretical knowledge of drafting and building technology.
- Preparation of outline drawings, sketches and rough drafts to scale.
- Preparation of detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans of buildings, space allocation plans or furniture layout plans according to verbal instructions, sketches, specifications, or rough drafts provided by others.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients and other design team members involved in a project.
- Strength and proficiency in using AutoCAD and other drafting software is essential.
For more information please contact Sam Cooper-Woolley on (Apply online only) or email (url removed)