|Job Ref:||204784267||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:19|
BRC are currently working with a leading consultancy in Cardiff who are looking to take on an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Manager in their Cardiff office|
Our Client is an independent consultancy offering a wide range of services including cost management and project management, procurement, risk assessment, value engineering as well as expert advice on contracts, capital allowances, due diligence, regulatory compliance and dispute resolution.
They have delivered some of Europe's largest building and engineering projects and have successfully managed projects across the public, private and utility sectors
Following continued success within their Surveying team, they're now looking to take on an Intermediate/ Senior Quantity Surveyor or Cost Manager with a strong consultancy background.
Level of experience and qualifications:
- Intermediate level.
- Minimum 3+ years post graduate experience.
- Building/Construction experience
- RICS qualified or progressing towards RICS route.
Technical skills and job experience:
- Good appreciation of the stages of a fit-out / renovation project and what information needs recording, compiling and reporting.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Excellent ability with Excel, Word and MS Project.
- Excellent literacy and report writing skills.
- Excellent organisation, record keeping and filing skills.
- Ability to prepare cost estimates, prepare and manage cost reports, invoices and payment certificates, prepare tender and contract documents, prepare a final account, prepare a project closure data file.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Hospitality experience (beneficial)
- Presentable and confident.
- Prepared to work hard and long hours to get a job done and out on time
- Willingness to be flexible in the type of tasks undertaken.
- Someone who wants to work and learn!
- Someone who will ask questions and look to continually improve.
- Someone who understands the importance of presentation, formatting and the right level quality expected from clients.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Ability to take instruction and listen.
- Willingness to travel.
For more information please contact Sam Cooper-Woolley on (Apply online only) or email (url removed)