|Job Ref:||204779741||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£70000 - £75000/annum + package||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:19|
Bid Manager (Main Contractor) | £70,000 - £75,000 + package | Permanent | Hertfordshire|
A leading, national main contractor that deliver multi-million pound public and commercial projects have a great opportunity for a Bid Manager to join them on a permanent basis, based from their offices in Hertfordshire.
The company deliver projects in a number of sectors including education, leisure, health, retail, hotels, offices, as well as national frameworks for Government and Local Authorities. They have been established for many years and are recognised as one of the most reputable main contractors in the industry.
They are looking for an experienced Bid Manager that has excellent technical knowledge, a very good understanding of construction processes and the delivery side of projects, and be able to lead the customer engagement team.
The Bid Manager will need to be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of bidding regulations and sustainable codes and have an appreciation of sector guidance documents. You will have a good understanding of tender processes and possess strong interpersonal skills, as well as programme, commercial and contractual awareness to effectively manage the tender process.
You will be develop a thorough understanding of the client's aspirations and needs in order to deliver a well-considered and professional tender return. Throughout every bid you will be a client facing member of the team.
You must be at ease with presentations and interviews which forms an integral part of this role, your responsibility is to ensure that commercially competitive net tender costs are presented with risk and opportunities identified and mitigated/optimised, you will be able to identify alternatives and competitive advantage on tenders, with an ultimate objective to secure future workload for the business.
• Oversee all bids within the department to ensure consistent content, message and presentation
• Ensure all bids have a win strategy that is communicated to all team members and reflected in the submission
• Manage specific bids from receipt of tender documentation to handover to the production team
• Develop a strategy for winning each individual bid. This should include, but not be limited to, quality, design development, innovation, supply chain, financial & legal response
• Hold launch meetings & regular review meetings with the bid team to ensure that the bid is on course
• Lead production of the bid document in both electronic and hard copy formats. Supervise administration & graphic design staff working on the document. Liaise with external printers & graphic designers as required
• Manage final negotiations leading to Contract signing
Experience & Qualifications:
• Applicants will preferably possess a relevant degree and / or membership of a recognised construction body (CIOB, ICE)
• Experience of bid management and bid co-ordination on traditional contract forms at tender and construction stages is essential
• Proven success in winning bids/tenders, from within the Construction industry
• Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation/communication skills
• High quality presentational skills and ability to present to a varied audience including clients, design team supply chain and internally
• Track record of successfully managing multiple bids
If you are a Bid Manager and feel that you would be a good fit for this role, please apply with an updated CV or call Rob on: (Apply online only)