|Job Ref:||204779755||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX18||Salary:||£55000 - £70000/annum + package||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:19|
An exciting position as arisen for a Technical Manager to join a housing developer in Oxfordshire. Typical projects will include the design and construction of 2-6 bedroom houses, flats and apartments with particular emphasis on quality materials, workmanship and finishes.|
The main Purpose of the role will be to manage the design team to produce working drawings for the build team.
As a Technical Manager your duties will include:
* To be responsible for making sure that detailed technical investigation, design, optimisation is secured and that proper liaison is maintained with statutory authorities, and that all necessary documentation and drawings are produced to enable contracts to be Procured, let and a site to be developed by the Building Department.
* To be responsible for the preparation of detailed constructional drawings, the negotiation and securing of technical and statutory approvals to achieve the optimum timing programmes, including:-
* The co-ordination of production of all necessary technical drawings/specialised designs.
* Making recommendations for cost effective optimising during the pre-planning process.
* The negotiation and completion of appropriate legal agreements with statutory Authorities necessary for the proper technical requirements of a site.
* Maintain Programme dates as set out within the design programme and L3 schedules. To be responsible for identifying and resolving technical design and constructional problems including:
* Being responsible for collating and providing feed-back to the Technical Executive in respect of technical design matters encountered during construction.
* Maintaining a general awareness of current material and construction research and making recommendations or giving warnings as appropriate.
In return my client offers a competitive package along with ongoing training and progression and a great work/life balance.