|Job Ref:||204779773||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Islington||Address:||Post Code:||PE34||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:19|
Mutli - Skilled Operative|
Estate Maintenance Team
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsible to the Estate Maintenance Team mobile manager you will carry out minor repairs within the estates and properties of the company.
The main areas of works are covering Brickwork, Groundwork's, Carpentry, Glazing, Metalwork and the clearance of dust chutes together with miscellaneous items as directed by the management team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be competent and craft qualified (City and Guilds and/or equivalent e.g. NVQ) in one or a range of trades; Carpentry, Decorating, Plastering, Bricklaying, groundwork's, glazing, metalwork and tiling (wall and floor).
• Carry out a range of specified works both as an individual craft professional and as a member of a multi-skilled team.
• From time to time as when required by management assist in emergency call outs (for example as a result of bad weather, vandalism, fire etc)
• Work in a range of properties throughout the Borough, including occupied tenancies and offices and unoccupied buildings.
• Be responsible for a company vehicle for use while on duty. The role holder is therefore required to ensure that the vehicle is safely and correctly driven and all equipment, materials safely stored.
• Be responsible for the content of the vehicle at all times while in their possession. The role holder is therefore required to ensure the security of all materials and tools and that no equipment are kept in vehicles over night.
• Complete specified works to a high standard of excellence in terms of completion of jobs and with customers/clients
• Ensure that all tools (both hand held and powered) provided by the company are properly and appropriately operated, cleaned and stored.
• Communicate with a high degree of accuracy (both written and verbally) to Management/Officer and work colleagues.
• Report all breakages, breakdowns, accidents and other issues promptly to the Supervisor/Line Manager
• Be able to write general reports to work orders.
• Be responsible for a materials impress stock in your vehicle
• Wear uniform at all times and carry ID which should be presented at all times on arrival at appointments
• Attend appointments at specified times ensuring Management / Officers and Residents are informed of any delays
• To contribute to training and development activities for new staff members, including participating in observed activities to share knowledge and expertise and act as first point of contact, giving help and advice in the absence of the management team to resolve internal and external customer inquiries
• To keep up-to-date with services provided by the company and organizational policy and legal charges to ensure up-to-date information is provided to customers.
• To use and assist others in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner and to ensure that information is recorded accurately.
• To undertake training, supervision, seminars, meetings and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post holder and service area.
• Ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
• Undertake such other duties appropriate to the post as may be directed.
Multi Skilled Operative - Estate Maintenance Team
Experience and Technical requirements
Craft qualified in a minimum of one trade to NVQ, City and Guilds or equivalent trade experience.
Ability to use IT systems including the use of a PDA for works order processing.
Experience in providing reports using written form.
Ability to demonstrate accountability and a positive attitude to your responsibilities
Holder of a full UK Driver license
Enhanced CRB check will be required