|Job Ref:||204782483||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£20000 - £26000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:19|
My client, the UK market leader of high end Facades and Shop fronts, are looking for an experienced Project Coordinator to join their busy team.
You will assist the project team to deliver projects safely, on time, within budget and to the required performance and quality standards demanded by the project and my client.
* Assist in the creation and subsequent monitoring and updating of a detailed project Gantt chart, short term look-a-head programme and weekly plan.
* Assist in the monitoring of the constraint sheet and subsequent action plan and advise the project manager of exceptions.
* Liaise with relevant stakeholders: designers; factory manager(s); suppliers and colleagues to ensure promises and expectations are met.
* Manage the logistics of materials, plant and waste in line with project requirements.
* Collation, issue and updating of both 'Works' and 'Site' Packs
* Effectively manage plant hire in conjunction with the site manager
* Control of costs with regular monitoring and astute buying.
* Look for cost-effective solutions to increase profit margin by negotiating prices for sub-contractors and materials.
* Assist PM in CVR process and ensure accuracy of cost element coding in line with cost plan.
* Place and expedite orders in line with project requirements.
* Create sustainable relationships with our supply chain partners.
* Assist the finance department with clearing 'blocked' invoices
* Expedite the issue of delivery notes from site/factories to assist in the GRN process.
* Document control
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY AND CONTROLS:
* Capacity planning and monitoring - design, procurement, fabrication and labour.
* Cost control on projects typically of a value between £2m to £6m
* Programme monitoring.
In order for candidates to be considered for the role it is essential to have the following:
* Experience of working for a specialist building envelope sub-contractor in a coordination or technical role. Typical experience 5 years.
* Broad technical knowledge of the façade/envelope industry.
* Broad planning experience. Ideally be able to professionally plan a project using appropriate software eg MS Project.
* Broad buying and negotiation experience.
* Financial awareness/understanding, cost control and forecasting.
* Manage project supply chain partners effectively and efficiently.
* Computer literate, ideally with a good understanding of 4 or 5 of the following: Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, SharePoint; Schucal, Wictop, Asta, AutoCAD.
With proven Project experience candidates will also require the following qualities:
* Results Focus: (2) Constantly tries to improve performance - seen to be reliable in achieving targets set.
* Customer Focus: (1) Does everything in his/her power to meet commitments made to customers.
* Teamwork: (2) Looks for new cooperation with an objective to improve collective efficiency.
* Listening and Communication: (1) Communicates clearly, persuasively and focuses on fact.
Interviews are due to take place in the next 2 weeks, so if interested please apply now. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Anastasia Todd at Search Consultancy, Leeds.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age