|Job Ref:||204782648||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:19|
We are currently seeking to appoint a Group Procurement Manager. |
The role can be carried out from any preferred Bovis Regional Office.
The post holder will support the process of identifying and negotiating group agreements with all aspects of the material supply chain. Ensure the Regional Commercial Teams are fully informed of the group agreements and rebates as well as providing assistance with supply chain issues.
- Facilitate the link between Regional Commercial Teams and our supply chain partners to ensure the groups changing needs are met.
- Supporting the agreement of group deals, agreeing group rebates and keeping the supply chain informed of the anticipated requirements across the group.
- Research material producer market, suppliers and merchants and maintain an information database
- Evaluate products and materials together with route to market and recommend appropriate strategies therein
- Assist in the negotiation and analysis of Group Purchasing Agreement (GPA) and formulation of recommendations
- Prepare and maintain GPAs including all attendant documentation e.g. PEFS/FSC Certification, H&S documentation, Insurances, key contacts, ethical purchasing policy; maintain the GPA register
- Research competitor activity and alternative supply chain partners to ensure best value and other core requirements (technical specification, volume, lead time, service level, quality) are satisfied
- Assist the Regions with Rebate information and Annual Claims.
- Assist the Regions with supply chain issues and help source alt suppliers if / when required.
- To assist the Regional Commercial Teams to ensure that all processes are carried out in accordance with the Commercial Best Practice Manual, the Company`s Health, Safety & Environmental Policy, and the company`s Management paper.
- Promote the expansion and maintenance of good working relations with all internal and external stakeholders.
- To make a positive contribution towards the planned expansion of the Company, with particular emphasis upon increased profits and return on capital employed, and the development / setting of appropriate budgets and forecasts.
- Input to new initiatives and ways of working including a key contribution to cost benefit analysis supporting commercial decision making.
- Attend quarterly Regional Buyers Meetings to share best practice and engage all regions in any proposed changes.
- Assist with the regular Trade Specification and Group General Spec updates.
- Research and Development / Cost benefit analysis of alternative methods of construction etc.
- Assist with training and inductions for senior member of the regional commercial teams.
- Identify non-compliance and rectify / resolve problems.
- Maintain a library of core material costs for use within the Regions.
- Collect data on a regular basis to benchmark regional core costs and recycle group cost data to the regional teams.
- Provide and maintain standard trade and material schedules for core house types.
- Providing support to the Regional Commercial teams in maintaining a consistent way of reporting and forecasting costs.
- The standardisation of the primary Commercial Processes and maintain a Best Practice guide for the Regional Commercial Teams.
- Regular Management Paper updates, providing clarity to the regions on the mandatory processes and audit requirements.
- The efficient running of regional commercial administration, identifying any non-compliance to company policies / procedures, as well as rectifying / resolving problems encountered. Ensure you keep up to date with legislation changes, and attend training as required by the Company.
- Conduct regular team meetings, ensuring the encouragement of two way communication, reporting any key issues to the Group Finance Director.
- Maintain open lines of communication with colleagues across all regions.
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are informed of key departmental developments.
- At least 5 years` experience working within a residential house builder.
- A good understanding of building regulations and legal obligations.
- A good knowledge of traditional construction methods and materials.
- Experience with non-traditional construction methods and non-standard housing / apartment development.
- Strong mathematical and IT ability.
- Ability to assess and analyse information effectively.
- Thorough understanding of budget management.
- Excellent negotiating and networking skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, and to tight deadlines.
- Accuracy with an attention to detail.
- Excellent team building / working skills.
- Ethical, honest, and possessing discretion.
- A decision maker with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Capable of strategic vision.
- HNC, or equivalent, in Surveying or Construction.
- Degree in Surveying, Building or similar desirable.
- Member of MCIOB or RICS desirable.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please submit your CV, cover letter and salary expectation to (Email Removed)
Closing date for applications is: midday 1 November 2016