|Job Ref:||204783847||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Margate||Address:||Post Code:||CT9||Salary:||£8.50/hour||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:19|
Our client, a well-established housing association based in Margate, is currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Operative to work initially on a temporary basis. |
The successful applicant will assist in the maintenance and repair operation across all trades within the various properties, ensuring the highest quality service and standards possible.
Paying £8.50 per hour, the working hours for this role are 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Due to the location of the various properties throughout the Thanet area, it is essential that applicants have access to their own car.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* General Maintenance skills, the post holder must have the ability to carry out a wide range of maintenance tasks, such as decorating, carpentry, plumbing and plastering etc. and be fully skilled in a minimum of one of the above.
* Ensuring the safe operation, maintenance and repair of all equipment used, including compliance with all health & safety policies, procedures, and reports.
* Responding to all assigned work orders in a timely manner, including 'on call' maintenance requests as instructed.
* Must be on call during evenings, weekends and bank holidays once every 4 weeks, as per rota.
* Maintaining all required records and documentation as required including weekly time sheets, work sheets amongst others.
* Assisting management in the development and application of preventative maintenance where required.
* Ensuring the maintenance, cleanliness and appearance of all areas in a proactive manner.
* Assisting the Senior IT Support Operative /Managing Director on any budgetary queries required.
* Performing final inspection of all maintenance related work and execution of all work orders as assigned.
* Completing all projects and assignments given by the Senior IT Support Operative /Managing Director.
* This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
* Excellent knowledge of maintenance and repair skills.
* Must hold a Full UK driving licence.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation.
* Basic computer skills required including a capable of using of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word.
* Experienced in site project Management.
* Ability to provide legible written communications.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to provide coherent verbal communication, including negotiations, presentations, excellent telephone skills, motivation and support, information gathering and exceptional listening skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate with management, members of the maintenance team, co-workers and young people.
Unfortunately we are currently unable to consider any speculative applications and so please do not apply for a position unless you believe yourself to be suited to the role. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion