|Job Ref:||204783912||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Salary:||£18000 - £25000/annum + Package||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:19|
We have an opening for a Junior or Graduate Quantity Surveyor in a long established Belfast FM company.|
Junior Quantity Surveyor (Belfast)
£18,000 - £25,000 + Package
We have an opening for a Junior or Graduate Quantity Surveyor in a long established Belfast FM company.
Since commencing business in the 1970's, our client has become one of the leading building maintenance and construction contractors in Northern Ireland. They deliver high quality maintenance and construction services to clients across different sectors including schools and colleges, councils, hospitals, emergency services, roads and rivers, housing and regeneration projects.
We are working in partnership with them to recruit a Quantity Surveyor preferably from a construction background with some of Measured Term Contracts (MTC's) experience. As Quantity Surveyor your role will cover the Greater Belfast area and some of your duties will include:
* Taking ownership of the pricing and measurement of jobs, in essence taking a tight grip on prospects and running costs.
* Liaising with the client QS with final measurements.
* Dealing with contractors on a daily basis.
* Responsible for planning costs to preparing final bills of quantities.
* Liaising with the site supervisors and contracts manager for information on measurements, variations etc.
To be considered for this role you must have:
* Preferable would be experience in a similar Quantity Surveyor role with specific construction contracting background, however graduates will be considered.
* Good client facing and people management skills, with ability to see projects through to completion, on time and to budget.
* Qualification in a relevant technical discipline.
* Training and mentoring will be available to cover the gaps in experience or knowledge.
As Quantity Surveyor you must also have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Also key are your organisational and administrative skills due to working on multiple projects at any one time
If you feel this exciting Quantity Surveyor role is something you would like to consider please call Stephen on (Apply online only) for a chat in confidence about the role, or apply using the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client