|Job Ref:||204783621||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South West||Address:||Salary:||£52000 - £62000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:20|
Abatec are looking for an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor to join our client, an award winning main contractor on a permanent basis in the Devon area. |
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the successful candidate will be working on a variety of new build and civil engineering projects across the South West up to the value of £10m.
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Oversee the running of a team of surveyors.
- Complete settlement of final accounts with suppliers and sub-contractors, P&L Reports and evaluate delay and disruption claims.
- Have a forensic approach to reconciling costs and maximising value.
- Coordinate change control and risk processes including identifying, raising and pricing early warnings in line with the change control and customer sign off process.
- Ensure contractual entitlement and adherence to contractual timescales.
- Ensure all subcontract issues are resolved, deferring to the commercial manager where appropriate.
- Provide commercial and contractual support to clients.
- Offer support and Training to less experienced members of the team.
Our client is looking for someone with:
- Proven experience in the construction industry working on build/civils projects.
- Good management skills and a track record of delivering good results.
- A degree or similar technical qualification in a relevant subject is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of leading successful commercial delivery on projects.
-Company Car/Car Allowance
-And other benefits.
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Claire Beresford on (Apply online only), the reference for this vacancy is 126512.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client