|Job Ref:||204783465||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum package||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:20|
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Belfast)|
£35000 - £45000
We have an opening for a Senior Quantity Surveyor in Belfast. You will work for a leading FM services provider offering reactive & planned property maintenance services and minor works contracting services.
Due to a senior Quantity retiring, they are seeking an experienced quantity surveyor who will provide technical and mentoring support to junior project QSs across all the company's operations, predominately in the FM business.. The ideal candidate will be familiar with NEC, JCT but mainly MTC contracts. Ideally you will have experience in FM and term maintenance contracts. You should be familiar with the full life cycle of the contracts you have dealt with.
Role & responsibilities:
* Liaise with Operations Managers on the set up, supplier procurement and delivery of new works contracts.
* Liaise with Operations Managers on the breakdown of in-house & supplier pricing
* Preparation of costed estimates for new works tenders for Minor Works and Bundled FM works.
* Preparation of interim claims, final accounts, consolidated valuations including all supporting documentation
* Liaison with clients, architects, consultants during the tender process incl. site visits
* Manage in-house and subcontractor costs in line with contract rates
* Preparation of tender settlement packs including itemised cost breakdowns, supplier quotations, preliminaries and projected contributions
* Preparation of cash flow forecasts & cost reports for clients' contract review meetings
* Establish and maintain professional relationships with clients and consultants to help the Commercial development of existing and new business opportunities
* At least 10 years' experience in a similar Quantity Surveyor role with a background ideally in Facilities Management / Building Maintenance.
* Good understanding of private and public sector procurement processes
* Minimum 3rd level qualification in a relevant technical discipline eg Quantity Surveying
* Experience of pricing and delivering Measured Term Contracts using PSA, NHF etc.
* Working knowledge of various Forms of Contract - NEC3, JCT, MTC, GC Works etc.
* IT Skills - Word, Excel, Autocad, Projects, estimating software etc
* Strong verbal and written skills for tender preparation, client communications and costed estimates
If you think this 'quantity surveyor' role sounds right for you, then let us know by either applying or contacting Stephen McConnell on NA or to hear more about it.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client