|Job Ref:||204782413||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Luton||Address:||Post Code:||LU3||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum +Bens & Progression||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:20|
My Client is a national Building Control consultancy, providing an alternative to traditional Local Authority. Services include building control and various design and technical services.
Due to continued Growth and excellent repeat business, they are searching for a dynamic individual from a contractor background to join their team.
Who are we looking for:
The world of building control is changing. As such we are searching for a dynamic individual that has proven experience of working within management on new build projects. The position will suit someone who has perhaps been site manager or foreman and has a good understanding of what a building inspector is looking for when they visit their site.
This is a position suited for those looking to take a sideways step away from sites to a big career in Building Control and technical services. Training will be provided and the position offers local home working and excellent prospects.
Maybe you are a site manager fed up of continually being on cold building sites or you may be a foreman fed up of travelling around sites far from home.
Essential criteria required - Role Specific:
• Proven experience of managing new build construction projects
• Good understanding of the function of Building Control
• Good understanding of what a Building Control Inspector would ask for onsite.
• The motivation and willingness to train and develop your career.
• Valid Driving License AND live locally.
• Competent user MS Excel, MS Word, Microsoft Outlook email and calendars.
• Clear communicator at all levels
• Methodical and logical.
• Able to work in a very fast paced, pressured environment.
• Driven, adaptable and able to pick things up quickly.
This is role has very good prospects for the right candidate to develop in terms of their knowledge, career and work life balance. This will only be achieved by the successful candidate being intelligent, driven, hardworking and makes the most of the opportunity.
***Unfortunately those candidates that do not meet the essential criteria above will not be considered for the role. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we are unable to respond to every application individually