|Job Ref:||204781453||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£30000 - £38000/annum Depending on experience||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:20|
Our client is a leading town planning consultancy, and they are seeking to appoint a Town Planner or Senior Planner to join their expanding Town Planning team in Birmingham.|
Our client has an impressive client base with projects all around the UK. They are seeking a Chartered Town Planner or Planner working towards their APC to help their clients through the complexities of the planning and development process. The successful candidate will need to deal with site appraisals, planning applications through all stages, policy and site representations. The Town Planner will be expected to provide planning advice to clients, as well as work on a range of schemes and developing excellent working relationships with clients.
The successful candidate will be able to manage competing demands, be self-motivated, and a team player. Candidates with local authority experience will be considered, but they will need to be able to demonstrate either previous private sector experience or an extraordinary level of commercial acumen to back up their degree in Town Planning. An RTPI or RICS accredited degree is desirable, as well as a full driving licence.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a generous salary, including bonuses, as well as a flexible working environment.
* Manage of a wide variety of projects from inception to completion
* Demonstrate a high standard of technical competence and professional and ethical standards consistent with best practice
* Be a team player, capable of interacting confidently and comfortably with colleagues
* Work pro-actively under the guidance of the Partners and manage junior team members, whilst helping them work towards their RTPI membership
* Identify opportunities for new business development and build relationships with new clients
* Write proposals for new work and agree fee arrangements, manage budgets for the duration of projects effectively
* Prepare strategic land representations
* Manage community engagement
* MRTPI qualified with a minimum of two years post qualification experience
* A degree in Planning or similar professional qualification
* Experience of working for a Planning consultancy
* Experience of presenting at planning committee
* Experience of managing small to medium scale projects
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Strong administrative skills, including report writing and time management
If you are an experienced chartered Town Planner reaching out for career progression, this consultancy will be able to provide the support and coaching to help you continue your professional development. This role would also suit an experienced Senior Planner who is looking for a change of direction with a dynamic and driven consultancy. If you fit these criteria, please apply now