|Job Ref:||204780544||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kirkby in Ashfield||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum £25000 - £35000 per annum + flexible||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:20|
A leading civil engineering company with a large portfolio of civil engineering projects throughout the East Midlands is seeking a Quantity Surveyor based in Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire to join its expanding team. |
This company is a reputable civil engineering contractor and consultancy who have been facing a period of expansion within their Nottingham office over the last 12 months. This company has been involved with a number of landmark projects in their locality, mainly across the water and civils sectors.
As the Quantity Surveyor your duties will include:
- Producing bills of quantities.
- Schedules of works.
- Assisting with cost plans.
- Value engineering.
- Attending design team meetings.
- Site visits.
- Preparation of financial accounts.
To be a successful Quantity Surveyor you will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of an HNC in quantity surveying.
- Experience in quantity surveying.
- Budget handling skills.
- Excellent IT and maths skills a methodical approach to work.
- Good organisational skills.
- A clear understanding of contract and claims procedures.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Membership of RICS would be preferable.
- The position will be office and field based, with travel throughout the UK. As a result of this, you will require your own transport and a clean driving licence.
In return, the Quantity Surveyor will receive a salary of £25000 - £35000 per annum dependent on experience, flexible company benefits scheme, paid holidays and support in training and development.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.