|Job Ref:||204780020||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:20|
Project Controls Specialist - Brent Cross|
About the role
Capita Re are looking for a Project Controls Specialist to join our team based in London, working on one of the most exciting regeneration schemes in Europe. The Brent Cross Cricklewood Regeneration will deliver a new quarter for London and provide a range of new life to the Barnet region, including the key new Thameslink train station and enhanced bus station to connect this development to the rest of London. This is an exciting role and a great step up for a Project Controls Specialist to work in a large PMO.
Working alongside the Business Unit Director for Brent Cross and with the Programme Director and Thameslink Project Director as well other project management and project controls professionals, you will support the successful delivery of the Brent Cross Cricklewood Regeneration Programme on behalf of Re.
As the Project Controls Specialist, you will be responsible for day to day development, implementation and management of projects controls across the project. The role will also require a particular emphasis on supporting the development, maintenance and reporting of the project schedule.
About Capita Re
Re, Regional Enterprise Limited, is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Re runs the Council's development and regulatory services including strategic planning, development management and regeneration services and will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities. Re aim to build better services, provide value for money, support the local economy and make Barnet an even better place to live and work
What you will do:
* Implement governance standards across the Programme including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of project deliverables.
* Support the development and implementation of a suite of Project/Programme controls procedures and rollout across the project.
* Help develop and implement standardised processes, tools, templates, techniques and guidance notes for the delivery of the Thameslink Project.
* Help capture programme/project management best practice from the Council, Capita and industry sources and apply to the development and improvement of the Brent Cross Project/Programme controls.
* Manage the creation and maintenance of the Project Dashboards and other reporting requirements.
* Prepare accurate and timely progress reports, KPIs and other technical reports to the senior management and review contractor / developer reports for programme planning issues.
* Support effective communication with senior stakeholders, delivering clear & concise management information.
* Challenge all aspect of project/programme performance to determine causes of variance from plan.
* Support the formulation of corrective action plans and lead discussions with the project delivery team, and confirm their suitability and monitor effective implementation.
* Drive improved predictability and delivery efficiencies through effective project performance measurement, evaluation and intervention activities.
* Lead on the management of the change control process to provide effective management of the project baseline.
Your experience will include:
* A minimum of several years relevant successful experience in providing project/programme management controls support to teams within the built environment, ideally on major infrastructure or regeneration programmes.
* Previous experience in managing a planning or project controls department in dealing with a range of complex infrastructure programme.
* Would be advantage to have previously being involved in setting up PMOs / Project Controls.
* Proven ability to positively challenge and shape PMO activities to deliver continuous improvements.
* Degree in project/programme management or discipline related to post.
* Good IT skills including successful experience in the application of planning related tools and geographical information systems (GIS), Microsoft Windows, Word, spreadsheets and databases.
* Experience in using planning software such as Primavera or Microsoft Project.
* Strong team leadership skills to build and maintain engagement with the PMO & PMs
* Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills and ability to prepare clear and concise reports, briefings and correspondence.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us