|Job Ref:||204778916||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Watford||Address:||Post Code:||NN6||Salary:||£70000 - £80000/annum +package||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:21|
Managing Surveyor - Watford - £Excellent + Package|
Position: Managing Surveyor
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Salary: £Excellent + Package
My client is looking to recruit a Managing Surveyor to join the team in their Hertfordshire office. The Managing Surveyor will manage the commercial resources (people and finance) in the area to maximise the planned margins on projects through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts. The type of projects run out of this office will be new build construction projects in the Education, Health, Retail and commercial sectors with project values up to £50 million.
• To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks to my client while implementing policies for risk management.
• To lead the commercial team in developing relationships with customers, contractors and subcontractors.
• Create solutions by considering and integrating different ideas
• To work out and plan requirements for internal and external resources.
• Understand information and data, patterns, trends and relationships in order to make effective decisions
• To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders.
• Work successfully with others. Value and utilise the skills, experiences and expertise of others and understand their perspectives.
• Build and develop high performance teams, understand the benefits of balanced, competent teams and team membership
• The ideal candidate will be a graduate holding a degree in a related field.
• Membership of a professional body (RICS) is desired but not essential
• Will have demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple clients, forms of contract and methods of measurement with a top tier main contractor
• Possess strong negotiation skills and have experience of managing and leading a team to achieve multiple objectives
• Be able to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
• Effective teamwork and leadership skills
• Business and Strategic awareness
• Proven record of Achievements
You have to be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on (Apply online only) or alternatively please send in a CV