|Job Ref:||204778665||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Weston-super-Mare||Address:||Salary:||£18000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:21|
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will work for a national Chartered Quantity Surveying practice which provides bespoke profitable support, cost management and contractual services to the building industry, and will be based in their Bristol office.|
Applications from ex-military applicants, with an interest in construction / civil engineering, are strongly encouraged and full training will be provided.
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will have good communication skills, strong character with a good sense of humour, be results driven and commercially astute.
As a team player, the Assistant QS should be assertive without being aggressive, proactive with a 'can do' attitude and able to prioritise and focus on the tasks at hand.
It is expected that you will have a high level of IT skills, good technical skills, and able to read and understand technical documents, interpret contracts and the like.
The main purpose of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor will be to cover all aspects of quantity surveying / estimating from pre-contract through to post contract services in line with the Company's clients' requirements, to assist with the preparation of final accounts and claims in line with the Company's clients' requirements but also to support the Directors and Senior Quantity Surveyors to represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
The key responsibilities will include:
* Assist with estimating services including Bill of Quantities (BQ) production;
* Carry out Assistant quantity surveying services;
* Assistant Senior QS with commercial and financial advice;
* Assist to maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management on projects worked on;
* Assist with the management and control of Subcontract packages on projects
* Assist in the protection of the Company's contractual position on projects worked on;
* Assist with the production and agreement of accounts on projects worked on;
* Assist with the preparation of financial reports as required;
* Assist with the preparation of final accounts and claim documents
* Assist with the development of the business.
Provide assistance with the following Pre-Contract Services:
* Prepare detailed measures and compile BQ documents;
* Prepare feasibility studies and cost plans;
* Provide procurement advice and implement;
* Contract preparation;
* Review contract conditions;
* Provide risk management advice;
* Prepare Subcontract enquiry documents;
* Price tender submissions;
* Manage bid submissions including the preparation of bid documents;
* Meet Clients to review and discuss work carried out.
Assist with the following Post Contract Services:
* Prepare budgetary advice including cash flows;
* Manage contract document process including insurance and bond requirements;
* Produce procurement schedules;
* Subcontract procurement including enquiries and analysis on return;
* Organise / attend pre-order Subcontract meetings;
* Place Subcontract orders in due time and in a way that protects the Company's contractual position;
* Manage all other procurement as necessary;
* Prepare consultant appointments;
* Prepare / review valuations and issue all appropriate notices in line with the Company's policies and the contract terms;
* Maximise value recovery;
* Produce reports as required including the preparation of Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) information;
* Implement the Company's valuation and cash strategy;
* Understand the Company's obligations under the Contract;
* Produce and keep adequate records to enable the production of the final account and in order to safeguard the Company's contractual position;
* Aid with cash management and manage cost expenditure;
* Produce final accounts;
* Assist with preparation of Extension Of Time (EOT) / Loss & Expense (L&E) claims;
* Deal effectively with disputes;
* Attend sites and meetings necessary in the execution of all functions.
Assist with Claims and Dispute Resolution Services:
* Prepare final accounts and claims;
* Assist in the resolution of disputes.
* Form good relationships with all parties;
* Actively promote the Company's image;
* Compliance with the Company and their clients' management systems;
* Administration including managing drawings, copying and filing paperwork;
* Any other duties which are reasonable.
Due to the high response received for some vacancies and time required to assess each application, we regret we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, by keeping your details on our system, we will be able to notify you immediately of other opportunities.
Salary: £18,000 - £25,000 per annum