|Job Ref:||204778384||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Salary:||£17000 - £23000/annum TBA||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:21|
Intermediate QS or Estimator, or Graduate with lots of personality & drive 21-25 yeasr old will spend a year or two with a short term QS and will then take on above role and then if good enough develop to take over a much more detailed role in years to come. This is a massive opportunity for someone.|
The sucessful a Measured term Contract Framework with Wolverhampton City Council for the Councils Public Building Stock (500 buildings including 100 schools) with individual contract values up to £100,000 measured using the National Schedule of Rates
The emphasis needs to be on personality, someone who really engages with people, fills them with confidence and delivers, answers all their questions
The jobs not overly technical but the National Schedule of Rates is a very detailed document and is measurement based - it ideally needs someone who has worked with it before and understands its layout and content and is very analytical and methodical and has a good building knowledge.
His experience will include & his initial tasks will be:
• Visiting sites (schools, council public buildings etc) to assess situation, temporary works, site measurements, H&S cost related issues
• Meeting sub contractors to obtain specialist and scheduled quotations
• Agree sub-contract measures for scheduled work where applicable
• Taking off quantities for each scheme (schemes from £500 to £100,000)
• Producing detailed Schedule of rates Quotations for submission to Building Surveyors
• Agreeing submitted Quotations with the Councils Quantity Surveyors
• Agree simple programs
• Assist Contracts Managers in setting up individual projects (over 3,000 individual orders)
• Approve sub contract invoices and variations
• Measure, confirm and record variations
• Collate information for submission of accounts & build up Provisional Sum expenditures for final account
• Create and submit detailed schedule of rates final accounts, re-measures and invoices, agree with Surveyor/Client QS
• CVR analysis and reporting
• Producing schedules of work, scheme sketches etc where Building Surveyors not involved
There`s a massive emphasis on turning round quotes, projects and accounts quickly and very accurately.
Leading on from the above there`s opportunity within the next 5 years to be high up within a £5 million+ per year company (+ part of a much bigger group) with the chance of growing it and taking it wherever the right person chooses. The Company well established, very cash secure & very highly thought of in the industry.
HNC in Building or Construction or above.
(Apply online only)