|Job Ref:||204778294||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Salary:||£43000 - £49000/annum tbc||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:21|
Commercial/Financial building QS or Estimator with lots of personality & drive) who will (if exceptional) grow into the role in a medium sized, thriving Construction Group. The position may require the applicant spend a year or two with a short term QS and will then take on above role and then if good enough develop to take over a more Senior role over the next few years, and even run the business loner term - this is a fantastic opportunity for someone. At this point the salary and benefits would grow.|
The successful applicant would work on a measured term Contract Framework with City Councils for the Councils Public Building Stock (500 buildings including 100 schools) with individual contract values up to £100,000 measured using the National Schedule of Rates.
The emphasis needs to be on personality, someone who really engages with people, fills them with confidence and delivers and answers all their questions.
The jobs not overly technical but the National Schedule of Rates is a very detailed document and is measurement based - it ideally needs someone who has worked with it before and understands its layout and content and is very analytical and methodical and has a good building knowledge
Experience will include & initial tasks will be:
• Meeting Client representative Building Surveyors to assess schemes for costing from the National Schedule of rates
• Visiting sites (schools, council public buildings etc) to assess situation, temporary works, site measurements, H&S cost related issues
• Meeting sub contractors to obtain specialist and scheduled quotations
• Agree sub-contract measures for scheduled work where applicable
• Taking off quantities for each scheme (schemes from £500 to £100,000)
• Producing detailed Schedule of rates Quotations for submission to Building Surveyors
• Agreeing submitted Quotations with the Councils Quantity Surveyors
• Attend pre contract meetings
• Agree simple programs
• Assist Contracts Managers in setting up individual projects (over 3,000 individual orders)
• Approve sub contract invoices and variations
• Measure, confirm and record variations
• Collate information for submission of accounts & build up Provisional Sum expenditures for final account
• Create and submit detailed schedule of rates final accounts, re-measures and invoices, agree with Surveyor/Client QS
• CVR analysis and reporting
• Producing schedules of work, scheme sketches etc where Building Surveyors not involved
There is a huge emphasis on turning round quotes, projects and accounts quickly and very accurately - the Clients, Building Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, building users will continue to keep coming back and placing more orders if they have a got a good relationship and trust the Company.
Leading on from the above there`s opportunity within the next 5 years to be heading and running a £5 million+ per year turnover company (+ part of a much bigger group) with the chance of growing it and taking it wherever the right person chooses. The Company is well established, very cash secure & very highly thought of in the construction industry.
This is an extremely good opportunity for the right person and will lead to much bigger opportunity in years to come.
HNC in Building / and or Construction or better, however experience, attitude and a willingness to commit to the Company and growth is more important.
Contact Jonathan Wilkes
(Apply online only)