|Job Ref:||204778283||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Sutton Coldfield||Address:||Post Code:||B73||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:21|
Design Team Leader - Highways |
Kier Strategic Highways are looking to recruit a Team leader for the Highways Design team in Sutton Coldfield. To lead the team and be responsible for the delivery of technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client's brief.
* Manage the team to ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with client requirements.
* Undertake services within a highway engineering environment which may include (but are not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
* Lead the delivery of technical outputs within the team.
* Ensure personal and team utilisation targets are met.
* Develop and maintain strong client working relationships.
* Take responsibility for technical excellence and innovation across the project team.
* Act as Lead Designer on work undertaken by the team.
* Work jointly with Project Managers to manage the resources within the team to optimise the resource and demand balance.
* Develop the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring less experienced staff and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
* Provide technical input to the brief responses and proposals for new work, including fee estimates.
* Champion Value Management / Engineering to support Project Managers in ensuring that schemes are delivered with innovation.
* Communicate, deliver and implement improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects.
* Be accountable for checking, certifying and authorising design deliverables (including drawings, specifications, professional skill and care certificates, reports and contract documents) for issues.
* Implement performance management processes ensuring team are clear on expectations and standards of performance required.
* A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
* To be a chartered / incorporated member (or equivalent) of a relevant professional institution (MICE/MIStructE).
* Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in design of highway maintenance or improvement schemes to UK standards.
* Leading and managing technical and project teams within a business environment.
Kier Group plc is a leading construction, services and property group specialising in building and civil engineering, support services, commercial property development, structured property financing and private and affordable housing.
We offer the opportunity to grow and develop your career with a successful and progressive organisation, a highly competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer