|Job Ref:||204778192||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum + excellent package on offer||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:21|
My client is a leading M&E construction contractor with a strong commitment to safety, innovation and delivering excellence. They have offices across the UK where they provide M&E services to a wide range of clients.|
We are currently supporting them to recruiter a Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience delivering projects within the M&E field, on a variety of projects across Scotland.
This is a great opportunity to work for a company embarking on ambitious growth phase. The role will play a critical role in supporting the company to achieve these goals by assisting in the delivery of the quantity surveying and commercial services to critical projects within industry leading clients.
The ideal candidate will be willing to work across Central Scotland, have proven business & commercial acumen and be willing to take the lead in project delivery.
• Provide quantity surveying duties for mechanical and electrical projects
• Manage all subcontractor activities throughout the duration of the project
• Understand contract obligations and sure that claims are then formulated and issued
• Provide regular commercial reports and forecasts for project and senior management
• Negotiate where required with clients and subcontractors
• Identify risks and suggest actions required
• Provide dynamic, relevant and experienced feedback into project decisions.
• Minimum BSc in Quantity Surveying or relevant qualification experience.
• 6+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential
• Experience working on pharmaceutical or data centre engineering projects.
• Knowledge of different engineering and construction contracting conditions and their applications
• Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and M&E installations
• Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
For more information on this role please contact me on (Apply online only)