|Job Ref:||204778120||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Salary:||£23 - £25/hour||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:21|
Measured term Contract Framework for Public Building Stock (500 buildings including 100 schools) with individual contract values up to £100,000 measured using the National Schedule of Rates.|
The emphasis needs to be on personality, someone who really engages with people, fills them with confidence and delivers, answers all their questions
The jobs not overly technical but the National Schedule of Rates is a very detailed document and is measurement based - it ideally needs someone who has worked with it before and understands its layout and content and is very analytical and methodical and has a good building knowledge and has worked with councils.
His experience will include & his initial tasks will be:
• Meeting Client representative Building Surveyors to assess schemes for costing from the National Schedule of rates
• Visiting sites (schools, council public buildings etc) to assess situation, temporary works, site measurements, H&S cost related issues
• Meeting sub contractors to obtain specialist and scheduled quotations
• Agree sub-contract measures for scheduled work where applicable
• Taking off quantities for each scheme (schemes from £500 to £100,000)
• Producing detailed Schedule of rates Quotations for submission to Building Surveyors
• Agreeing submitted Quotations with the Councils Quantity Surveyors
• Attend pre contract meetings
• Agree simple programs
• Assist Contracts Managers in setting up individual projects (over 3,000 individual orders)
• Approve sub contract invoices and variations
• Measure, confirm and record variations
• Collate information for submission of accounts & build up Provisional Sum expenditures for final account
• Create and submit detailed schedule of rates final accounts, re-measures and invoices, agree with Surveyor/Client QS
• CVR analysis and reporting
• Producing schedules of work, scheme sketches etc where Building Surveyors not involved.
All ages considered.
HNC or above, however experience is more important.
Call Jonathan Wilkes (Apply online only)