|Job Ref:||204348331||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Barking||Address:||Post Code:||IG11||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:37|
Position: Estimator - public sector projects |
Location: East London
Are you looking for an Estimating role with an East London based main contractor working on public sector contracts. My client increased their turnover by 20% last year and has a healthy number of tenders in a regular basis.
Company Overview: Our client are a privately owned main contractor undertaking a variety of public sector both new build and refurbishment contracts typically between £500k and £6m in value. They work within the public sector on education and affordable housing projects predominately on a traditional basis although they do undertake design and build contracts.
Position: They require an experienced Assistant / Estimator to work predominately on refurbishment projects up to £6 million. Most of the refurbishment works are traditional contracts and are tendered on a framework or lump sum basis.
You will be fully responsible for pricing your own tenders reporting to a Managing Estimator.
Responsibilities will include:
• Prepare and submit Proposals - Evaluate Tender Enquiry documentation, assess the resource requirements and costs within a Proposal and finalise and submit Proposals.
• Analyse Tender Documentation - to assess the likely impact of the proposed terms and conditions and collate responses from Commercial Managers and the Company Secretariat.
• Liaise with consultant, client and sub-contractors and support functions.
• Be able to present the tender proposals to the management team and the client and their representatives as and when necessary.
• Provide assistance in the preparation of the Proposal during the course of the Project - including liaising in respect of any feedback processes adopted under the guidance of the Estimating Manager.
Individual: You will have a successful track record of pricing refurbishment contracts, preferably although not necessarily in the public sector.
This contractor will offer you a challenging and stimulating work environment that rewards success and encourages personal development