|Job Ref:||204784530||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheadle Hulme||Address:||Post Code:||SK8||Salary:||£23000 - £29000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:40|
2nd Line Technician - based in Cheadle|
Permanent position, paying up to £29,000 (depending on experience) + great benefits including 25 days annual leave + pension + life assurance + health cash plan + private medical insurance + childcare vouchers + free gym access and many more
My client is a specialist lender that offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North's most profitable companies, my client has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
My client is looking for an enthusiastic 2nd Line Technician, who is happy to get involved in all aspects of the job. This is a small and very busy team, working on cutting edge projects, interfacing with all areas of our business. This role will involve out of hours evening/weekend work on a shift and on-call basis.
• Provide 1st and 2nd line support for all customers via phone, email or face-to-face
• Provide an escalation point for 1st line colleagues
• Following in-depth diagnosis, escalate to 3rd line where applicable
• Log all incidents and requests within the agreed service desk work management system
• Keep customers informed at all times
• Manage, prioritise and plan own work queue and deal with calls within the set SLAs
• Provide support and training to 1st line colleagues
• Proactively drive your own training from senior members of staff to bridge the knowledge gap
• Identify and drive through opportunities for improvement/change via the Service Improvement Plan
• Ensure that the CMDB is kept up to date in line with departmental procedures
• Create and maintain knowledgebase articles to enable consistency and learning within the team
• Communicate effectively face to face or via email as appropriate with staff at all levels including Directors and Senior Management Required technical skills and experience:
• Experience in a 2nd line IT Service Desk role
• Track record of a positive approach to learning
• Strong working knowledge of Windows 7, RDP, AD, MS Exchange, remote access and terminal services
• Good problem solving skills
• Ability to deliver to tight timescales and changing priorities
• Any qualification in the Microsoft suite of products / ITIL / CISCO would be preferable
My client offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, child care vouchers, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate they offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check