|Job Ref:||204784327||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£48000 - £53000/annum + great benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:40|
IT Developer and Data Analyst - Excel VBA / Oracle PL/SQL - based in Central London|
Paying up to £53,000 per annum + fantastic benefits
A leading FTSE 250 financial services business with offices in Central London is looking to recruit a Developer and Data Analyst with knowledge of Excel VBA and Oracle PL/SQL.
Job Summary & Key Responsibilities:
• Working directly with Private Client Fund Managers and other business users to develop and enhance front office systems/macro based applications.
• Developing and maintaining IT systems internally for the Investments business, where is it not practical for these to be supplied by third parties.
• Developing and maintaining automated solutions to business and operational problems through cost effective application and technology.
• Working closely to understand the data and database schema held within the system so as to be able to lead data migrations to other systems.
• Working with third party vendors on Support tickets and issues and following up for a timely resolution.
• Working with external third party providers on data interfaces to be implemented between systems.
• Working with Project teams as part of the delivery team, suggesting business solutions and seeing them through to implementation.
Utilising your Oracle PL/SQL, VB/Excel VBA and Crystal Reports skill to:
• Write complex Oracle views, Stored procedures and packages
• Develop complex Excel macros and Excel based applications based on requirements from business users
• Create Crystal Reports using a third party Wealth Management system - (Pulse Software Systems)
• Ensure strict security levels/controls are maintained and required audit procedures followed
• Ensure internal service levels are monitored, reviewed and maintained.
• Lead data migration / data cleansing projects
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Advanced Excel VBA Programming skills
• Advanced Oracle / PL SQL skills
• Extensive expertise with stored procedure and function development, packages, triggers
• Programming experience with .NET applications
• A proven track record of data analysis and development using PL/SQL and VB/Excel VBA
• Strong problem analysis and ability to find creative sustainable solutions to system issues and user problems.
• Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to translate technical issues to non-technical personnel being both persistent and patient
• Ability to take ownership for projects and deliver to deadline by being persistent to ensure tasks are completed
• Self-motivated with the ability to work reliably with minimal supervision
• Good interpersonal skills, the candidate must be able to work well with others
• SSIS Packages and reports
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Experience with a reporting tool such as Crystal reports is preferred
• SharePoint workflow skills would be desirable.
• Previous experience within financial services industry ideally gained within a wealth management company
If you are an experienced Developer and Analyst with the listed skills and experience, then please apply now