|Job Ref:||204783976||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:40|
IT Service Desk Manager|
Permanent, Location: Cheltenham
Salary: £30k - £35k per annum, dependent upon experience
IT Service Desk Manager required for my Cheltenham based client, hands on position with full management responsibility.
If you are an experienced and 'hands on' IT Service Desk Manager who is customer focused and have high level 3rd line technical knowledge with the ability to think innovatively and progressively then this could be the role for you. Joining the IT Services team you will play a key role contributing towards the on-going support, maintenance, design, development and management of the IT Services environment.
* Manage the daily operations of a busy IT Service Desk, including; Support and Development meetings, Performance Reviews and training.
* Have high level technical knowledge, providing 3rd line troubleshooting across the breadth of IT Services, including; virtual server, storage and network infrastructures, servers, estates services, clients and applications.
* Establish and maintain IT Systems ensuring best practise and suitable security is implemented across system design and changes to meet the organisation's requirements
* Line management of the IT Service Desk team
* Ensure SLA's and KPI's are met along with ensuring processes and procedures are in place and adhered to.
* Undertake network infrastructure changes including re-configuring switches, wireless equipment and installation of new equipment
* Administer centralised management of workstations including OS and application deployment.
* Monitor, configure and troubleshoot the network infrastructure, including remote access, remote site to site links, load balancers, firewalls, and new network devices.
* Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot complex applications and configurations including clustered/highly available applications and services, including Exchange, SharePoint and SQL.
* Be a Microsoft Certified IT Professional - Server Administrator, or equivalent knowledge
* This role is based in Cheltenham but will occasionally require travel to our other sites.
* An enhanced DBS check will be required.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)