|Job Ref:||204783915||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £100000/annum DOE||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:40|
Product Marketing / Events Organiser /Program Manager - Software Provider, Hospitality sector |
This is an incredibly rare role, and therefore we're unsure of what we specifically need to title it. To help you understand, we will start by giving you an overview on the business drivers behind this hire and highlight the key responsibilities.
The company in question are an incredibly successful Software Vendor to the hospitality sector. They are world leaders, and one of the most dynamic, fastest growing firms in London today. They are currently in the process of positioning themselves for their move to the US. To do this, they have a 12 month game-plan which includes producing an MVP (minimal viable product) and securing 5-10 Corporate clients who will adopt the MVP / software product within their business. Once this has been achieved, the next step is to open a US office and quickly build a US team and quickly take over the US.....but that's another story. As an FYI - the total budget put aside for this bold move (which they're incredibly confident about given their contacts in the industry) is £5-8million so it's a HUGE deal to them.
Given the importance of this project, the most Senior management team are driving it. The management team include the CEO, the COO and CSO - along with 3 of the companies most Senior Product Managers who are looking after the Tech build of the MVP. This group of people are your stakeholders and your role is to ensure they are fully supported, fully informed as to what each team are doing (Sales and Software Development primarily) and that at any time you are able to offer a helicopter view of the project for the Board.
The people driving this are hard to manage and are all C-level including CEO, COO, CSO - you therefore need to be confident and experienced at dealing with such level people. The remit of the role includes:
1) To work closely alongside the Sales Director to ensure he's being supported via offering a pair of Savvy eyes to his work (two sets of eyes being better than one) and supporting him in organising all the US meetings. This might include basic diary management, the booking of flights, accommodation, meetings. This is not necessarily a PA role, although these are PA orientated duties. We'd expect that if what he's suggesting is wrong, or he's missed a trick in organising another meeting whilst in a local town that you highlight it. The best way to describe the attributes we're looking for here would be SAVVY.
2) Make sure you're documenting and communicating all sales activity and communicating this to the Product Development team
3) Liaise closely with the Product / Software Development team. You'll need to know where the product is in it's development lifecycle. You are NOT managing the build of the MVP - there are 3-4 PM's involved in this, but you should understand where with are with the products development, what happens next and when.
4) Ensure you have a 'helicopter view' of what is going on both on the Sales and Product Development side of things - you'll be the lynchpin for the project
5) Take ownership for the co-ordination of this £8million project.
Once the project has established it's MVP and it's launched in the US with 5-10 key corporate clients the mission will be accomplished. At this point the role could go in various directions and this will be very much dependent on your 'wants' from the hire. You might want to own the creation of the the US office, you may want to get involved in the tech side of things, perhaps implementing the products on client site - it's very much down to you - the first stage though is to get the MVP live and laughed in the US in the next 12 months.
Hopefully you now understand why it's a hard role to 'title' as it's more down to individuals key attributes and experience in similar(ish) roles. Perhaps you've organised large International Events and dealt with C-Level people in the process, perhaps you've previously launched an MVP in the US before, perhaps you've PA'd previously for a CTO or Board level people - the point being it's a specific role for this company so if it sounds of interest to you and you believe your prior experience lends well to what they need to do then please get in touch ASAP for an informal discussion.
No terminology in this advert is designed to discriminate on grounds of gender, race, colour, religion, creed, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation. Talent Point Ltd (including the trading name First Point) is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) 00072652, an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate against these or any other class protected by applicable law