|Job Ref:||204783701||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:41|
Front End Developer - Leeds - £25-30k + Benefits|
The Larson Group is currently recruiting a Front End Developer / Web Developer for a digital marketing agency based in central Leeds. Our client are currently expanding rapidly and are looking at how they can improve their service offering and ways in which they can diversify their approach to clients. You will be part of a new initiative that aims to make our client a truly visionary organisation in service delivery and innovation.
Working on the UI build of some of the UK's key web applications (both public and private sector), you'll be looking to progress your career and demonstrate your experience and passion for front end development. Candidates for this role must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of core front end technologies and possess proven experience in developing accessible, standards compliant and responsive user interfaces. Ideally with experience of content management systems (CMS), you will know the core concepts of CMS implementation techniques and have the ability to build bespoke, efficient, modular components and templates.
The successful candidate will work as part of an Agile delivery team and will be expected to confidently contribute to delivery practices and effectively communicate with team members of all disciplines. Working closely with UX and digital designers the role requires a proficiency with Adobe CS software. The role includes working closely with CMS and .Net developers ensuring that front end code is optimised and efficiently implemented into CMS software and server side web applications.
The Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience of developing front end code in a commercial setting and you must be able to:
* Understand and implement latest WCAG accessibility guidelines.
* Hand code mobile first, efficient responsive layouts.
* Develop and implement front end frameworks, toolkits and design patterns.
* Develop, test and resolve cross browser compatibility issues.
* Create and maintain efficient CMS/solution templates.
* Demonstrate a basic understanding server-side web applications (ideally (url removed), MVC, IIS).
* Effectively use testing, performance and debug tools to ensure code quality and optimisation.
* Work with a range of digital design software to extract assets, analyse designs etc.
* Effectively work with version control software.
To be effective in this role you will need:
* A good eye for detail and the ability to translate designs into pixel perfect digital interfaces.
* Awareness of digital UX design principles.
* Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to multi-disciplinary delivery teams.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
* Visual Studio, JIRA, TFS.
* Understanding of on page SEO best practices.
* Episerver, OpenText or Sitecore would be advantageous.
* Experience of working in a scrum based delivery model.
For more information call Jamie MacMillan on (Apply online only)
Larson Resource Group Limited is registered in England & Wales with a company number 06110626. Registered office address is Windsor House Cornwall Road Harrogate HG1 2PW. Our VAT number is (Apply online only) 57. Larson Resource Group Limited trades as an Employment Agency when placing permanent candidates and as an Employment Business when placing Contractors (under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment and Business Regulations 2003) In accordance with these regulations you should have received a copy of our Client Terms of Business. If you have not received a copy please contact a member of staff immediately. All discounted rates quoted are only valid providing all other terms are met in accordance with our standard Client Terms of Business