|Job Ref:||204783459||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Salary:||£400 - £500/day Competitive daily rates||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:41|
Daily paying agency are working closely with a global publishing company in Oxfordshire, seeking an ETL Developer within the Business Intelligence team, which is currently undergoing a significant increase in demand. |
Responsibilities within the role:
* Perform analysis against business processes and data to understand and define ETL needs and enable these through ETL capabilities
* Perform test driven development (TDD) against ETL / integration components, utilizing Java within the Agile software development process.
* Contribute to the overall system design and work on both up front and emergent design.
* Develop and document to a high standard ETL processes within Java to provide scheduled and near real time data integration
* Build test automation to provide high coverage of all code under development, including TDD, BDD and integration testing
* Have a good understanding of enterprise ETL / ELT & integration patterns
* Contribute to achieving continuous improvement within the standards and processes for the ongoing development
* Work alongside our Data Integration team, help shape the ETL / integration strategy
* Take ownership of the processes and data issues
* Maintain good relationships with the Business, internal teams and external partners
* Be a confident, pro-active technology and data integration evangelist
* Help drive the adoption of the shared estate by identifying opportunities for reusable services / processes
Required skill set:
* ETL Tools (Talend)
* Implementing ETL for DW projects using Talend Data management platform
* Understanding of Kimball models and their usage in DW ETL
* Experience in performance tuning ETL processes using oracle DB`s.
* Experience and understand of usage of CI tools like Jenkins and Artifact Repositories like Nexus.
* Developing in Java, Java EE, SQL (Oracle)
* JSON, XML, schemas, transformations
* Agile development - inc use of Jira, continuous integration
* Developing SOAP and Restful services and event driven data integrations
Exposure to the following / Nice to have:
*Using test tools and automated tests to support development
*Devops processes and working within a cloud environment (AWS)
*Data Modelling - inc canonical model use
*Experienced in working with GIT
If you have the skills and experience and want to know more, please apply today