|Job Ref:||204783069||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:41|
Schools Network Technician - Birmingham|
About the role
Link2ICT has over 90 staff providing services to over 400 schools and 60 local authorities, including all aspects of technical services, professional services and software development.
Link2ICT occupies a niche in the ICT market, specialising in the deployment and usage of end to end ICT solutions within educational environments, covering learners of all ages from nursery through to adult education. Our aspiration is to use ICT to improve the achievement of all learners.
So now seeking a Schools Network Technician to join the team to provide regular on-site support in Birmingham schools and other Link2ICT service areas. The post covers term time only i.e. 39 weeks per year.
Seeking applicants with good communication skills, self-motivation and a flexible approach to tasks along with the ability to work well under pressure.
So great opportunity for someone to progress their skills and experience further.
About Capita | Service Birmingham
Capita Service Birmingham is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Service Birmingham is the partnership between Birmingham City Council and Capita. The agreement was set up in April 2006 to support Birmingham City Council in changing the way it works, using Information Communications Technology to pave the way
What you will do:
* Maintain all Servers (including virtual) and Computers/Laptops in the school, so they are in working, useable order
* Set up new users in Active Directory
* Provide onsite regular technician support to customers that have subscribed to the Link2ICT Technician Support Service.
* Provide advice and guidance on systems upgrades to schools' Head Teacher, IT Co-coordinator and Business Managers.
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of appropriate information systems, operating systems/applications, hardware and technical issues including standards and procedures.
* Maintain and use systems to provide effective service delivery.
* Use network management tools to investigate, diagnose and resolve network issues.
* Carry out other duties and responsibilities as required and determined by Supervisor/Manager.
* Operate in accordance to standards and procedures within the service area.
Your experience will include:
* Excellent customer service skills, gained from working in a customer service environment.
* Ideally experience of providing technical support in Schools or Academies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, with the ability to tailor responses to the appropriate audience.
* Knowledge and experience of using and troubleshooting Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Proxies
* Creation and deployment of images using Microsoft Deployment Tool (MDT) and Norton Ghost.
* Experience of Windows server 2008/2012/2016 including using Group Policies, PowerShell and basic scripting.
* Experience of supporting Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016.
* Excellent knowledge and experience of supporting Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1/10 clients.
* Excellent knowledge and experience of supporting Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013/2016.
* Good knowledge of network troubleshooting - Both LAN and Wireless networks.
* Current and clean full driving licence and use of a car
* The successful applicant will require to go through security clearance (i.e. DBS checked).
* Experience of supporting educational software i.e. Scratch, 2Simple, Sherston, Just2easy etc.
* Experience of virtual server setup - Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware.
* Installation, configuration and support of Apple and Android devices - iMacs, Macbooks, iPads (including Apple Configurator), Learn pads.
* Experience of supporting curriculum resources i.e. Smartboards, iBoards, Promethean.
* Ability to configure and complete windows update using WSUS.
* Experience of Anti-Virus setup and client deployment using Sophos Anti-Virus.
* Knowledge of cloud based services- i.e. Office 365
* Microsoft Accreditation - MCSA / MCSE or equivalent
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme as well as access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us