|Job Ref:||204782966||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:41|
Security Assurance Specialist - IT Systems / Network / Applications|
Based in Reading
Salary - Competitive & Negotiable
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Security Specialist to join a leading technology company in an Assurance capacity.
You will have chance to join a bluechip company looking to transform security within their business, and will play a part in the way they govern designs and provide Security Assurance across their network.
You will be able to demonstrate your leadership skills by playing the lead role on project assurance for security and risk assessment, together with working alongside Information Security, Design and Delivery teams and Operations Teams, ensuring the delivery of the companies Security strategy in actioned.
* Assess project security compliance and risks against the companys' security controls.
* Review and assess infrastructure and application designs for compliance.
* Assist projects in achieving the necessary degree of compliance.
* Discover pragmatic solutions that balance business and cyber security needs.
* Making, aiding and informing infrastructure and application design decisions from a security point of view in conjunction with SME teams.
* Make recommendations about changes to processes or procedures which mitigate cyber security threat.
* Swiftly build an understanding of a business area.
* Identify business and security risks and discuss risk treatment options with project stakeholders and SME teams.
* Balance security and business needs to find sensible and pragmatic solutions to security challenges. Document rationale and recommend a course of action.
What you will need to have:
* Proven understanding of architecture and security controls in one or more of the following areas:
* Network Infrastructure (IP network experience is required) (mobile or telco desirable)
* Systems Infrastructure (Microsoft/Unix/Virtualisation/Cloud/IaaS)
* Web and Application
* Proven understanding of best practice (TOGAF, SABSA, Security by Design), up to date with current technologies, security and risk landscape and threat vectors in a complex, enterprise and/or mobile/telecoms environment.
* Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, building strong relationships with project staff, technical teams and business stakeholders.
* A positive and cooperative member of the team and capable of working autonomously with minimal day to day direction.
* A persistent and thorough approach, be able to contribute to debates about new ideas.
* A positive attitude and personally motivated to continually learn new, emerging security principles and practices which can be applied to the business.
* Understand and assure infrastructure and application designs and identify security challenges, threats and risks in new project proposals and changes.
* You should also be CISM certified or have the equivalent qualification
If you would like to be considered please send your updated CV through
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy