|Job Ref:||204782131||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:41|
To provide technical leadership for the Service Desk, supporting team members with technical queries relating to incident reported to the Service Desk.
The post holder will be required to monitor Business As Usual activities and work in conjunction with Informatics team members to provide and maintain a professional customer facing service.
To receive and communicate sensitive information, often requiring tact and diplomacy, explaining technical issues to non-technical staff and managers in accordance with Information Governance practices.
Provide reports to the Service Delivery Manager on performance and Service Desk activities.
You will be responsible for the Service Desk Team of 6 ICT Support Officers working in the Informatics department.
1. Lead in supporting the provision of an efficient and effective IT Service Desk and support service in accordance with ITIL standards.
2. To provide supervision, leadership and mentoring to the Service Desk Team.
3. To provide day to day support of applications that are used across the trust and local support services delivered by BCHC Informatics, both remotely and where needed at service locations. This will include providing an escalation point and advice to Service Support Officers and Assistants and focus on support areas that require detailed consideration.
4. Analyse and review all incoming calls to determine the appropriate course of action i.e. triage appropriate problems to the supplier's Service Desk or solve problems locally, co-ordinating support from the trainers, Business Change team, and the technical team.
5. To provide one to one training for Service Desk staff who require additional support in the use of specialist supported applications.
6. To act as an "Expert user" in areas as directed by the Service Delivery Manager giving advice and support where appropriate to users and colleagues.
7. Identify trends and reoccurring problems as well as maintain appropriate logs and registers for reporting.
8. Prepare Service Desk staff with forth coming system changes to ensure a seamless support service is maintained. This will include compiling documentation together from design specifications provided by system suppliers.
9. To provide a system administration function, setting up an appropriate system and monitoring to ensure all requests are dealt with, timely and accurately.
10. To investigate and monitor data quality within the system and liaise with Service Desk to ensure appropriate standards are met.
11. To identify, support and participate in local Service Desk requirements and initiatives arising from the Trust's IM&T programme. This may include, but not limited to the management of Trust computer assets including peripherals, and the disposal of obsolete computer equipment.
12. To participate in the audit of information systems to include technical and security reviews as and when required.
13. Schedule and plan Service Desk workload.
14. Produce and analyse reports from Service Desk and telephone systems.
15. Participate in knowledge transfer of support areas with the production of documentation, processes and policies and procedures for the service support team.
16. Ensure that Service Desk calls are managed appropriately with minimising abandoned calls to the Service Desk.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer