|Job Ref:||204782037||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wokingham||Address:||Post Code:||RG40||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:41|
Vision4ce is a supplier of video and image processing solutions to the electro-optic systems market across the world. We specialise in delivering real-time video capture, processing and display systems for use in harsh environments such as security and defence. Vision4ce has a unique video tracking technology which has wide ranging application in land, sea and air systems. The proliferation of camera systems in security and defence has created exciting opportunities for the application of this technology to assist in the automation of the camera systems and their integration into wider information networks.
Vision4ce is a small, dynamic company which is part of the Chess Dynamics group of companies. Chess Dynamics is a leading supplier of Electro Optical solutions to a global market within the defence and security sectors.
The company operates a flat management structure which is engineering led. The software team consists of a group of six highly motivated engineers with a wealth of experience in image processing and software development. Projects are focussed on providing practical solutions to real world challenges. If you're smart, a team player and the type of person who likes to see their efforts result in products with a day to day use then Vision4ce is the place for you.
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional Software Engineer to be responsible for developing application software, ranging from the implementation of customer specific man machine interfaces or sensor specific control interfaces to ground up design of new image processing algorithms and video management applications.
• Design, development and testing of application software for sensor control, video distribution, display and processing applications.
• Provision of technical support and integration assistance to customers
• Generation and review of system specification documents
• Preparation of test documentation
• Fault finding, debugging and resolving issues
• Assist project and senior management, with the successful running and administration of engineering projects
• Follow and support the review and continuous improvement of effective team procedures and working practices.
Required Experience & Qualifications
• Degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, electronics, mathematics or physics
• Experience of C++ application development for Windows or Linux using IDE's such as Microsoft Visual Studio
• Experience of video processing or computer vision algorithms development
• Enthusiastic team player but able to work on own initiative
• Man machine interface development using OpenGL
• Video streaming application development
• Experience of PC hardware architectures
• Experience of working directly with customers
• Application and driver development under Linux for ARM processors
Salary: £depending on experience + benefits