|Job Ref:||204780768||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:41|
Database Support Administrator / DBA - Manchester|
ShortList Recruitment has requirement for a Database Administrator to join an up and coming FinTech company in Manchester. This is an opportunity to work with an emerging company in a fast paced Agile environment.
The right Database Administrator for this role will be looking to move to an environment where they can bring their experience to benefit the company and help shape the progression of their infrastructure. The Database Administrator will be responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of hardware and server estate. The Database Administrator will be personable, proactive and have the ability to work independently.
* Perform daily system checks including monitoring and verifying the availability and integrity of the resources (server estate, workstations, tablets, smartphones etc)
* Perform routine backup operations
* Repair and recover hardware and software failures
* Undertake and apply OS upgrades and patches
* Write technical documents and procedures
* Minimum of 2 years commercial experience managing Windows OS and Windows Server 2008+
* Experience in configuring, deploying and administering virtualized environments with Hyper-V
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, MSSQL (Apply online only)
* Ability to work flexible hours in order to support planned and unplanned system outages
In return the Database Administrator will rewarded with a salary circa £30,000 plus benefits. The role is easily commutable from Manchester, Liverpool, Crewe, Stockport, Runcorn and Chester
ShortList Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ShortList specialise in the full spectrum of IT positions, from CIO to Helpdesk Analyst, on both a permanent and contract basis