|Job Ref:||204780157||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wimbledon||Address:||Post Code:||SW16||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Up to 50K + benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:41|
As the Systems Administrator, you will be primarily responsible for developing and executing procedures to provide a reliable, efficient, and secure hosting environment with 24x7 availability.
• On a daily basis, you will make sure that routine maintenance, backups, patches and monitoring are performed, and maintain network configuration including DNS, load balancing, and firewall rules.
• You will ensure continued performance into the future by documenting a hardware and system software strategy, reviewing progress against the strategy, managing individual projects to improve the hosting environment, capacity planning, sourcing hardware and system software, vendor management, and architecting the infrastructure.
• You will also be required to respond to requests for security reviews from clients, arranging regular independent security reviews, and monitoring and enforcing company security policies and client requirements.
• Additionally you will have responsibility for managing the office systems for file server, email, remote access etc.
• It will be expected that some maintenance procedures be performed out of normal office hours and you will be included in the out of hours incident report and resolution support team.
Key Skills & Experience:
• As an experienced Systems Administrator we need to see a proven track record of administering Apache and MySQL, on Linux in a high performance, high availability environment
• Knowledge of Windows server and desktop support will be an advantage.
• You will be organised, able to develop and document procedures and demonstrate that they are being followed
• You will be both a strategic and detailed thinker, planning for future requirements but also keeping an eye on the day to day details
• You will work closely with the rest of the technical team and be able to demonstrate your ability to work well in a team
• Experience of some of the following technologies is required: Cisco firewall, switches, and VPN. Juniper firewall. HP servers and switches. LAMP: Debian Linux, Apache, MySQL administration and replication, Perl. Firewalls and networking: iptables, virtual networks. Virtualisation: VMWare, Xen, LXC. Security and Monitoring: Nagios, collectd, syslog, Snort, penetration testing. Configuration management