|Job Ref:||204779987||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lincoln||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum + Career Development + Benefits||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:41|
IT Systems Support, Oracle/Solaris, Servers & Networks - DV cleared, Ex-Military. This role has an elements of travel (10-15% covering the Lincoln area). You must have 5 to 10 years experience (preferably military) with knowledge of military communications and systems, familiar with EW data. You must have:|
• Must hold valid DV security clearance.
• Systems Administration experience with the following Operating Systems: Oracle/Sun Solaris and Microsoft Windows.
• Working knowledge of the following file systems: UFS, ZFS, NFS, and NTFS.
• Working knowledge of common TCP/IP protocols such as http, https, ntp, ssh.
• Understanding of server, application and network security hardening and validation techniques.
• Hands-on knowledge of networking infrastructure products such as servers, switches, firewalls and routers.
• Familiarity with web products and servers such as: Web servers, URL, Browsers, Internet performance tools, Web search engines.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and written skills.
• Strong work ethic, takes ownership of issues with flexibility to work weekend and evenings as needed.
You will be responsible:
• Hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operational support of all hardware and software associated with the System while complying with Configuration Management obligations.
• Support multiple computer operating systems in a heterogeneous environment.
• Assist with installations of server equipment and associated network devices, adhering to all local and organisational processes.
• Provide system administration and network support of the System using Microsoft Windows, Oracle Solaris Operating System (OS) and networking OS (e.g. Cisco IOS, McAfee, and Juniper).
• Research, troubleshoot and reporting issues to the Help Desk on a 24/7 basis.
• Work with subject matter experts to identify and resolve technical and performance issues with the System.
• Apply software upgrades and patches; apply security updates.
• Act as a front-line customer interface for the programme at the customer site.
For further information and a full job spec please send in your CV