|Job Ref:||204779633||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Weybridge||Address:||Post Code:||KT13||Salary:||£30000 - £31000/annum||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:41|
As a large College our client is looking for a dynamic and experienced Systems and Data Manager to join IT Services in the Systems and Data department. Working under the Head of IT but with a high degree of autonomy, this is an opportunity to deliver vital Information Technology and Data Management provision, both on and offsite, whilst playing a key role in the implementation of new and ever-expanding facilities in an educational environment.|
They are looking for a dedicated, independent and forward-thinking individual who will be committed to the provision of an outstanding service to their College in Weybridge. He or she will be good at planning and processes, able to demonstrate a technical overview and evidence effective communication skills when dealing with their customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage the Systems, SQL/Database Applications and Virtual Environments of the Systems and Data department within IT Services.
* Responsibility for the technical management and general oversight of the Management Information System (Capita SIMS) and its various Modules.
* Line Manage the Systems and Data IT Staff.
* Responsibility for the college's Virtual Learning Environment (Firefly).
* Manage and deliver support to the college's Financial Applications.
* Provide Reporting and Data Analysis to staff.
* Project management of the planning and development of IT Systems.
You will need to be a Systems and Data Manager who:
* Has knowledge and experience of Microsoft SQL Server and Database environments.
* Has knowledge and experience of networking and administration in a Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2 environment.
* Has knowledge of educational Management Information Systems.
* Is adaptable and capable of working on own initiative.
* Has excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Is a strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Has experience of Webserver technologies, E.G. IIS, would be an advantage.
* Has experience of Project Management methodologies would be an advantage.
* Has a knowledge of Virtual Environments would be an advantage.
What the client can offer:
* This position is full time in both term time and school holidays. Core working hours are 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday with flexibility.
* Up to £31,000 per annum, depending on experience
* 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays per annum (rising to 30 days following the fifth anniversary of appointment.
* The role is pensionable and you will be entitled to join the pension scheme from the start of your employment. You may choose to contribute between 1% and 5% of salary and the college will double the employee contribution up to a maximum college contribution of 10%. Employees may increase their own contributions within the prevailing Inland Revenue rules if they wish.
* The college will carry out the DBS Check at their expense.
* Working in a supportive and outgoing team with a high degree of autonomy
* Great opportunities for personal and career development
Parkside Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We pride ourselves on working to the standards stipulated by APSCo's Compliance+. We also ensure that strict compliance procedures are adhered to in accordance with the Department of Education guidelines (Keeping Children Safe in Education July 2015.)We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion