|Job Ref:||204779291||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£365/day||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:42|
A Contract Desktop Software Packager is required for 2 months (likely to be extended) based in Birmingham.|
The Contract Desktop Software Packager will join a team deploying applications and supporting them throughout their lifecycle. Key tasks will be packaging/sequence applications and deploying them through SCCM 2012.
Package/sequence applications in accordance with Group IS Standards and Procedures.
* Remediation/rework of existing packages.
* Documentation of packaging approach, licencing, key details, etc.
* Work to agreed Service Level Agreements using a call management system, including agreed Operational Level Agreements for packaging.
We are looking for a confident individual with proven experience of completing tasks to agreed SLAs. The Contract Desktop Software Packager will be able to effectively and efficiently package/sequence applications.
Experience should include:
* Good Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 Service, file and Registry knowledge and an understanding of Windows based applications.
* Good experience of Flexera Admin Studio 2015, Installshield 2015, Instedit, Orca, and Procmon as packaging tools for MSI creation and AppV 4.6/5.0 virtualisation. Also good experience of using DSC, applying shims and the capture of specific licensing configurations including licence numbers, serial codes, dongles, licence servers and peripheral based applications.
* Good experience of using VMWare to package and test applications.
* Good experience of deploying applications through Microsoft SCCM 2012.
* Good experience of scripting in a recognised Microsoft developer language.
* Awareness of working in a locked down environment and Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy and Administration.
* Familiar with software controls including dongles, key codes and licence servers.
* Good communication skills and interface well with colleagues and line management.
* Customer focused and to display an analytical approach to problem solving.
* A team player, working with others to provide a quality service.
This role is to start asap and will pay £365 per day (Ltd/Umbrella)