|Job Ref:||204779002||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stockton-on-Tees||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:42|
We are currently recruiting on behalf of the client for a Senior Notes Engineer based at Wynyard.|
Duration - 6 Months
• The job holder executes activities conducted within the Operations team for its Global IT department.
• The job holder is responsible for the 3rd level support and consultancy on client operations solutions including (but not limited to) IBM Domino / Lotus Notes 8.5-9.0 server-side problem, incident, and request resolution as well as IBM Notes 8.5 client-side end-user problem, incident, and request resolution on the thin clients (Wyse boxes) and fat clients (desktops, laptops) used by the company's 15,000 users.
• A variety of products work within the Notes/Domino sphere, including Symantec Antivirus for Domino, Proofpoint anti-spam technology, Linux SMTP, GSX monitoring, IBM Traveler for iPhone support and other products; advanced familiarity with any or all is very useful.
• Work hours typically include regular daytime hours; the job holder is on call outside of regular hours to resolve significant issues. Much of the work is deadline based, which can require extended hours at critical times. Some meetings may be held in the evening or late evening hours.
• Using subject matter expertise and published white papers or other sources of industry-leading information, constantly review and improve Domino/ Notes operation on the server side. Document and provide solutions for other groups to minimize the number of tickets coming to the advanced group(s); this will involve working extensively with the helpdesk to ensure the right groups are managing the right tickets.
• Provide 3rd level support of incident, request and problem management on Domino / Notes solutions by working directly with the end user or with IT Onsite Support Staff to resolve the tickets as quickly and effiently as possible.
• Document all work done within the ticketing system, ensuring accurate reporting and rapid close of problems, incidents, requests and changes.
• Liaises with other technical members of the messaging team (in the USA) to ensure ongoing and efficient handover and follow-the-sun coverage, to work jointly on any issues, and to otherwise ensure a fast and quick support process for the customer.
• Look for areas of improvement for desktop or server solutions toward the end user for efficientcy, automation, speed to deliver, etc. May assist in supporting Bring Your Own Device technologies
• Associate's Degree (2-year degree) or higher in Information Technology or another field with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Information Technology dealing with IBM Domino / IBM Notes design, maintenance and end user support.
• Familiarity with the escalation of a major support issue (for example, an unexpected IBM Domino crash) to IBM for full resolution
• Ability to work with a small team for a desired result; ability to influence small teams towards a desired result
• Good awareness of ITIL standards and best practice within operational environments especially concerning Change control and ticket deadline management
• Experience in working in a global / multinational, multicultural, 24x7 environment
• Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs