|Job Ref:||204778403||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£24 - £29/hour||Post Date:||13/10/2016 03:43|
A Business Services Manager is required for 4 months (likely to be extended) based in Hampshire.|
The Business Services Manager will provide leadership and accountability for the safe, effective and efficient operational delivery of services within one of the business units. Specifically, the post holder is responsible for the effective deployment and management of all clinical and non-clinical staff within the designated business unit, and for the management of the associated revenue budget. The Business Services Manager will be accountable to the General Manager, the post holder will provide a key leadership role in working with other members of the Clinical Services Centre (CSC) management team, senior clinicians and other key members of staff in setting the strategic direction for the effective and efficient operational delivery of services.
The Business Services Manager will be required to -
* Proactively and positively contribute to the successful overall performance of the Trust.
* Deliver excellent levels of customer service to all patients/visitors and staff at the Trust.
* Develop effective ways of working and create strong partnerships and relationships with all stakeholders to support the implementation of the Government's policies on Health.
* Develop an organisational culture that fosters collaborative working among all staff groups, to ensure a focused commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes.
* Act as an advocate for the Trust & its contribution to the Health Service arena through creating effective partnerships and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Comply with corporate governance structure in keeping with the principles and standards set out by the Trust.
* Support the Trust culture of collaborative, flexible cross-team working and commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes, which support the Government's policies on public health
* Provide effective operational management of all service lines within the Business Unit ensuring capacity and demand are aligned to deliver all key access targets.
* Effectively communicate the CSC's overall strategic vision and key objectives.
* Develop and implement an annual business plan that delivers the key business goals and objectives of the designated business unit ensuring synergy with the overall CSC annual business plan and strategy.
* Develop and present business cases in support of the designated business unit annual business plan.
* Proactively identify potential obstacles to achieving key business goals and objectives and suggest/implement (as appropriate) handling strategies to overcome these.
* Communicate highly complex and sensitive information which maybe contentious about the business service unit to staff and senior managers ensuring that effective communication is achieved, particularly where cooperation and agreement to change is needed and barriers to understanding exist.
* Collate data from performance analyses into required reporting mechanisms, developing spreadsheets and data bases where necessary relative to the designated business service unit and create reports for Clinical Services Centre management, senior clinicians and other key members of staff.
* Act as CSC Lead for Information Governance
Qualifications required -
* Graduate level, or equivalent academic or healthcare professional qualification.
* Postgraduate qualification(s) or equivalent applied learning relating to Business Management, Finance, Accountancy, Marketing, or People Management.
* Evidence of continuing professional development.
* Membership of a clinical and/or management professional body.
Experience required -
* Previous and successful operational management experience.
* Demonstrable and successful experience in:
- supporting and sustaining transformational change within a complex organisation;
- translating business strategy into operational delivery.
* Proven track record of:
- successfully managing operating budgets;
- leading and performance-managing teams and individuals.
* Experience gained at operational management level within the health service sector.
Skills and Knowledge
* Highly developed operational leadership skills.
* Ability to quickly establish effective working relationships and develop strong team working.
* Knowledge and understanding of clinical and corporate governance and risk management systems and processes.
* Well-developed interpersonal and facilitation skills, with ability to gain and sustain credibility with senior clinicians.
* Well-developed presentation skills and the ability to present well-reasoned and structured argument orally and in writing.
* Highly developed analytical skills.
* Proficiency in the use of ICT applications to support efficient work activity, including the analysis, interpretation and presentation of complex data.
* Ability to manage priorities in order to meet specific deadlines.
* Ability to hold direct and non-direct reports to account.
* Detailed knowledge of Clinical Quality and Safety methodologies.
* Detailed knowledge of Clinical and Corporate Governance frameworks, legislation and best practice.
This role is to start asap and will pay between £24 to £29 per hour (Ltd/Umbrella)